- Starting large downloads (eg: Domino 8) from Home to my work PC
- Running MS Project on our Presentations Equipment even though it isn't loaded there.
- Getting better speed in Lotus Notes when I'm using the system remotely.
I investigated a couple of companies but they weren't very helpful and I had problems getting their software to work. I specifically wanted Remote Desktop, not VNC - as remote desktop is built-in to Windows.
Eventually I found a company called Idokorro and their software worked first time.
What's great about this software is that given that our Blackberry Enterprise Server is inside our Corporate Firewall I can access my desktop PC without having to use VPN and without weakening our firewall.
One note: On the standard BlackBerry Enterprise Server settings I got the following message;
Error message: "You have reached the maximum amount of data which can be transferred by this BlackBerry device over a single connection. If you are using a BES please contact your BES administrator to increase this limit."
The way around this message (as I discovered from the BlackBerry Forums, was to;
- Go the Blackberry Enterprise Server
- Select the MDS Connection Service (in Explorer View)
- Click Edit Properties (top right hand corner)
- Look for a setting marked "Maximum KB/Connection" in the General section
- Change this to 1024.